JKSB RIDE 2015 | 20 DECEMBER 2015
Registration Fee: RM95 , first 2000 participants entitle to have early bird lucky draw (50 prizes)
Registration Closing Date: 31 October 2015
As you put your foot to your pedal, Penang’s deep blue waters glitter below you, mirroring the azure sky stretching out overhead. A breeze pulls gently at your hair as you start cycling over the longest bridge in Southeast Asia, and within moments your everyday cares float away into the blue. With no cars in sight, the 24km bridge is transformed into a smoothly winding route perfect for those looking to get away from it all and enjoy a leisurely cycle ride across one of the country’s foremost landmarks.
On 20 December 2015, Jambatan Sultan Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah, Penang’s world-famous second bridge, will open exclusively for a charity cycling event to which all families, cycling enthusiasts and visitors to Penang are warmly invited. The event, organised jointly by Penang State and Jambatan Kedua Sdn. Bhd. and managed by Bicycle Town, will raise much-needed funds for Penang’s Tabung TYT, while also giving cyclists the opportunity to enjoy a breath-taking route that is closed to bicycles for the rest of the year.
The Tabung TYT is an essential resource which helps numerous charities and NGOs across the state of Penang. The fund, which has supported disaster relief efforts as well as local events among many other causes, has depleted in recent years, making it more essential than ever to support this invaluable source of charitable giving.
The 46km-long JKSB Ride 2015 will feature stunning views over Penang Island and the mainland, with the route offering many opportunities to dismount and capture some unique photos of your experience along the way. With last year’s event attracting around 10,000 local and international cycling enthusiasts, this year looks set to draw global attention yet again, and is the ideal event for amateur cyclists and families looking for an unforgettable way to experience Penang’s natural beauty.
Register for this event at www.bicycletownpg.com. The cost of registration is RM95 per person, with all proceeds after organisation costs going towards the Tabung TYT.
Rules & Regulations
- Open to all Malaysian and International participants.
- Participation is open to those aged 12 years old and above.
- Parents’ consensus is required for participants below 18 years old to participate.
- Registration fee is RM95 and not refundable or transferrable.
- Registration closing date is 31 October 2015
- Each paid registration fee will be eligible for one official jersey, lucky draw number and light refreshment on the event day.
- Jersey collection date will be announced in www.bicycletownpg.com / https://www.facebook.com/pages/JKSB-RIDE-2015/1648001028756463 / www.jambatankedua.com.my / www.facebook.com/jsahmsofficial .
- Registration is valid once the payment has been received and processed by the organiser.
- All registered participants MUST wear the cycling helmet and official cycling jersey on the event day.
- Registered participants who failed to wear helmet and official uniform will not be allowed to take part in the event.
- A fine of RM500 will be imposed to unregistered riders / cyclists.
- All participants are required to assemble at Batu Kawan Stadium before 6:30 am.
- The flag-off is at 7:00 am at Jambatan Sultan Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah (JSAHMS) Toll Plaza Complex in Batu Kawan.
- The ride will starts from JSAHMS Toll Plaza Complex at Batu Kawan, up on the bridge and make a u – turn at the bridge’s Main Navigational Span and finish at Batu Kawan Stadium.
- The route for this event is approximately 46 km and will be a fun ride, not a race.
- First 2000 participants will be entitled for a special ‘lucky draw’.
- All participants must adhere to all safety and security guidelines and instruction on site.
- It is important that all participants to remain hydrated during the ride at all time. Please bring along your drinking bottle during the ride. You can also refill your drinking water at our designated water stations along the route.
- For your own safety, helmets are compulsory – No Helmet No Ride.
- It is a MUST for all riders to wear the official event cycling jersey during the ride as well.
- Without prejudice, a fine of RM500 will be imposed for those unregistered riders.
- Riders who turn up without a helmet or official event cycling jersey will not be allowed to participate.
- It is important to remain properly hydrated during the ride at all times. Carry a drink bottle on your bike and try to practice drinking while you ride, prior to the event. You can refill drinking water at our water stations along the route.